i've been traveling a lot for work in the past few weeks...mainly day trips to Philadelphia and DC and Poughkeepsie. But tomorrow morning, at 5am (eep!) I have to leave my warm bed and go to the airport to fly to New Orleans. Below, a glimpse at my suitcase, neatly packed in preparation for 4 days in the Big Easy.
1. Rumors, the second of The Luxe books from the unparalleled Anna Godbersen. She sent it to me as a special treat, and I've been DYING to start it. FINALLY, a plane ride that will allow it to be so!
2. Max Perkins: Editor of Genius by A. Scott Berg. Perkins was Fitzgerald and Hemingway's editor...I read this when I went through my F. Scott phase in college...but never dreamed then that I'd have my own editor of genius.
3. The Possibilities of Sainthood by Donna Freitas. A YA novel about a teenager desperate for her first kiss and hopeful of being named the first living saint. Written by a woman who grew up in Rhode Island, the daughter of a crazy Italian family. How could I NOT read it??
4. Moisturizer, toothpaste, allergy pills, eye drops, deodorant and makeup. Snazzy bag from the MOMA store which was a gift at an office Christmas party.
5. The Mac. Don't leave home without it.
6. The corner of one of the three skirts i packed. It's 88 degrees and humid in New Orleans. Pants are just not an option.
7. Green mesh eco-bag. Because you never know when you might need to shop and save the environment at the same time.
Ok...off to bed now...will try to blog from N'awlins...