I'm on deadline.
Like, that awful, I-have-to-work-every-waking-minute-between-now-and-two-weeks-from-now-to-make-my-deadline kind of "I'm on deadline."
It's always right about now in the process of writing a book that I get this burning desire to read books. But I persevere and ignore it...and make a list of all the books that I'm going to read once I turn in my book. I have them in a pile in my house...and they are my prize.
Here are 9 books I will read the very second I can:
1. Lisa Kleypas's Tempt me at Twilight - which has been pretty much torturing me since it came out in September. When I'm working on a book, I always take one romance novel by one of my very favorite authors and set it aside as my "I finished the book!" treat. This one is it. And OMG I'm DYING to read it.
2. A.J. Jacobs's The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible - I love nonfiction that follows an author through an insane journey. This seems like a completely insane journey.
3. Alison Weir's The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn - I will pretty much read anything that Alison Weir writes. If you like British History, you should do the same.
4. Carrie Ryan's The Dead-Tossed Waves - Carrie is a dear friend, and I've been wanting to read DTW for months. Finally, I'll be able to!
5. Charles Dickens's Great Expectations - I know. This one is just embarrassing. But, no, I haven't read it.
6. Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love - I appear to be the only female on earth who has not read this book. It's time.
7. Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking - It seems weird to want to read a cookbook, I know. But I feel like this one has so many fantastic little nuggets of information...I'm in.
8. Sandra Hill's Viking in Love - Uhm. Romance novel about Vikings. Yes, please.
9. Steig Larson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Because I don't read enough thrillers...and this one has a heckuva title. And I don't think I've heard of a single person who didn't love it.
Ok, readers. What did I miss?