I can't believe I haven't posted in three weeks...that makes me sad. And I'm sorry! With traveling to family all during the Christmas/New Year's craziness and then getting back into the swing of things, I don't really have a great excuse...but I'm back!
To make up for lost time, how about I give you some things that I've been thinking about in the last three weeks?
1. Tea. Seriously. I got a gift certificate to Adagio Teas for my birthday in mid-December, and I've mainly been basking in the glow of my spoils...Rooibos Vanilla, Earl Grey Moonlight and Chamomile. And, for the nerd in me, Adagio comes packaged with TeaClass.com, which teaches you all sorts of fascinating (and perhaps unnecessary) things about tea. How about this: Tea was never designed to be put in tea bags. An American tea merchant was using silk pouches to ship tea leaves, and the purchasers just threw the whole thing in water. What?! Anyway...Adagio is an awesome company, and look! They're letting me give you a $5 gift certificate!
2. Sports Night. My love for Aaron Sorkin knows no bounds, and this Christmas proved it...as I got both the Sports Night and The West Wing box set DVDs. It had been a while since I'd watched Sports Night, which is a fabulous, smart 1/2 hour comedy that only lasted two seasons because ABC had no idea what to do with it. Anyway...It's awesome. And it makes me wish I liked sports more.
3. Fresno, CA. My husband is from Fresno, which is right smack dab in the middle of California--and is a place no one ever really has a need to go. But besides Eric, figs and raisins come from there...so if you're into dried fruit or tall, blond Californians who play guitar, it could possibly be your mecca.
5. Book #5. I cannot believe it. I write that number down and I think, How is it possible that I've already written four complete books--books that have beginnings, middles and ends and don't descend into random combinations of nouns and verbs? But I have. And I've started book #5, the first in my brand new Fallen Angels series!
6. New Apartment? If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know that we've been looking for a new apartment for a really, really ridiculously long time. Like, months and months. I have a good feeling about this month, though. I'm ready, universe. I'm ready to pack my stuff and head on out to a new place!
7. GREEK. I am very likely the only person over 22 who watches this show, but I'm not ashamed to admit it, frankly. I love it. I think the writing is so clever, I think the characters are so fun, and I love that it's not afraid to put itself out there on serious issues facing today's college students. I'm so so happy it's back for a new season. If you haven't watched it, you're missing out...but don't be sad; it's on Hulu!
8. The Bachelor. Uhm...let's just say that it's really saying something when the girl with the fake fangs is not the craziest female on this show. And that Brad? He is not hard to look at. Just so we're clear. While I'm on the topic, I have to say that I've always thought that The Bachelor would make a great historical romance premise...and Vicky Dreiling has proved me right! Her How to Marry a Duke is a must read for fans of the show!
9. Vanilla extract. So so so cool! My mother-in-law bought me a "make-your-own vanilla extract" kit in Hawai'i this year...it's one of the coolest gifts I've ever received...the kit came with bottles and vanilla beans, but who needs a kit? You can do it yourself with this recipe! And look how gorgeous these bottles are at Simply Recipes! No joke, I think I might make a bunch for Christmas 2011!
10. New year, new writing schedule. 1500 words a day. Every day. Even weekends. Of course, the last few weeks have produced several thousand utterly useless words...but I'm trying.
So...what about you? What's on your mind? Anything cool to share with the rest of the class?