Leanna Renee Hieber's Ten Ways to Win A Second Chance at Love
Continuing the holiday theme...I'm so happy to have the lovely Leanna Renee Hieber on the blog today to chat about her Christmas novella, A Christmas Carroll, set in the world of her Strangely Beautiful series and starring, Vicar Michael Carroll, who just so happens to have the kind of name that begs for a holiday story.
A Christmas Carroll is featured in the ebook, A MIDWINTER FANTASY, which includes three novellas from Leanna, LJ McDonald and Helen Scott Taylor. In the novella, readers join two of the most popular secondary characters in the series: lonely and guilt-ridden Headmistress Rebecca Thompson, and the man who has loved her
from afar for twenty years; the stalwart and affable Vicar Michael Carroll.
As members of London’s Guard against spiritual terror, Michael and Rebecca are questioning their powers and their hearts, and three spirits have quite the Dickensian work cut out for them. Percy, Alexi and the whole Guard gang, along with familiar Athens Academy spirits, return to put this long-awaited romance through necessary harrowing supernatural paces, in order to make a magical Christmas yet to come…
A MIDWINTER FANTASY is now available digitally as an eBook at all digital vendors,
with a Trade Paperback release next October.
Without further ado I give you Vicar Michael Carroll’s Ten Ways to Win Your Second Chance at Love:
10. Pray for a Supernatural Intervention.
9. Manifest good cheer (even if you’ve lost your powers) and mull some wine. It’s a big hit ‘round this time of year.
8. When ghosts come and fetch you for said intervention… don’t fight them. Especially not three of them.
7. Stop being a coward. (I am not casting first stones; I will be the first to admit I’ve been a coward
6. Look into your past, your present and your future. Learn from every moment.
5. Never underestimate the power, or masterful truth, of Charles Dickens.
4. Save your love’s life. Literally and metaphorically.
3. Even if they love someone else, if you cannot help but love them still, then do. But never let it make you angry.
2. Keep merry, keep bright, look sharp and keep awake; Christmas miracles might be waiting for you.
1. Even though it might be terrifying, tell the person you love that you love them. And always have. Who knows, history might change.
I love it when history changes. So. Very. Much. :)
Contest time! Leanna has generously offered signed copies of the first and second books in the series, The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker and The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker to one commenter! Comment below with your favorite fictional Christmas story
A Christmas Carroll is (obviously) based on Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol...comment below with your favorite fictional Christmas story for a chance to win! **Don't forget to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win** We'll choose the winner on Monday!