To celebrate the launch month of NINE RULES TO BREAK WHEN ROMANCING A RAKE, I've asked some of my favorite authors to share their own Nine Rules here on the blog...
I'm so excited to kick off the series with the fabulous Toni Blake, author of seventeen romances including the heartwarming, sexy ONE RECKLESS SUMMER. If you, as I am, are a sucker for homecoming romances--you know the ones I mean...the heroine goes back to her roots and falls for a dreamy local?--ORS is for you!
The book (and it's sequel, SUGAR CREEK, due out in June, Oh! The torment!), is set in a fictional small town called Destiny, Ohio--as much a character as the humans in the book. Toni's Nine Rules take us to Destiny--and teach us how to navigate this little town.
Nine Rules for Visiting the Quaint Small Town of Destiny, Ohio
by Toni Blake
- Be sure to stop by the Under the Covers bookstore on the town square and share a cup of coffee with Amy and Tessa. If there’s good girl talk or gossip to be had, this is where it will be going on and you don’t want to miss it. There’s usually a cat-in-residence, too, who will be happy to rub up against your ankles or sit in your lap.
- Don’t speed in Destiny. Hunky cop, Mike Romo is a stickler about that sort of thing and will give you tickets repeatedly – just ask Rachel Farris.
- Take a canoe ride across idyllic Blue Valley Lake. Besides being quite scenic, this quaint body of water has seen a lot of Destiny drama over the years, most specifically between good girl Jenny Tolliver and the bad boy of her dreams.
- But never, never visit the old Brody cabin in the woods across the lake. It’s SUPER creepy – especially when you think you see lights on even when no one has lived there in years!
- Buy some apples from Edna at the Farris Family Apple Orchard on Sugar Creek and ask her to tell you the story of her tragic first love over a piece of her award-winning apple pie.
- Stay away from Mick Brody! His brother is in prison, after all, and he was always a bad seed. No, it doesn’t matter how hot he is – beware!
- In case of trouble, remember that the Destiny Police and Fire Departments are right next door to each other, just across the square from Under the Covers. And both come complete with lots of sexy men in uniform, which has the potential to make any emergency more enjoyable.
- Hang out at Creekside Park. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to watch hot, sweaty guys playing softball, or you might even be invited into a touch football game with Mike Romo, Logan Whitaker, and Adam Becker – “touch” being the key word here.
- Plan to stay awhile and soak up everything Destiny has to offer, from the quaint garden parties to nights at the Dew Drop Inn, from hot and sexy encounters to deliciously sweet romance.
Number 9 won't be hard at all...and I'm going to prove it to you!
Comment below with your favorite Small Town for a chance to win a copy of One Reckless Summer, the first in the Destiny series--I'll select one random commenter on Friday to win!
To read more of Authors Rule(s), please click here!
ETA: Winner! Thanks to all for commenting...I think its so fun that everyone has a favorite small town (mine is Ashland, NH)! But, sadly, only one person can win! Congrats to Miss Tammy! Everyone else...keep trying all month to win goodies from the other authors who will be stopping by for the 9 Rules celebration!