Today is the day, y'all! My first adult romance, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake is out there! In the world! OMG!
So, before I head to the nearest bookstore to see if I can find a copy of my baby, I thought I'd give those of you who have never read a romance novel (because I know there are some of you out there) a primer on what to expect!
I give you: Nine Rules for Reading Romance
- It's ok if you fall in love with the hero. The man in your life never has to know a thing.
- Before you crack open that historical romance, be aware of one thing: There was an epidemic of virgin widows in 18th & 19th Century England.
- Shapeshifters are hot. If you didn't know it before, I'm telling you now.
- Resist the desire to think about the smell of Regency England. These characters live in a special bubble filled with people who are obsessed with good hygiene.
- Chances are, you'll want to be best friends with the heroine. It's ok. Chances are, your current best friend has some of the qualities you like so much in the heroine.
- Stick with the hero when he does something dumb. There will be groveling. And it will make it all worth it.
- If you fall for a secondary character (and you will)…no worries. The author is in love with him, too. And she likely won't rest until he gets his own love story.
- Happily Ever After happens.
- Be warned: once you start reading romance, you won't be able to stop.
Want a chance to put these rules to good use? Comment below for a chance to win one of two signed copies of Nine Rules...! I'll choose the winner on Friday, April 9th!