I (heart) Miranda Neville. She's hysterically funny, exceedingly clever, a real-live Brit AND writes Regencies. AND...her next book ...The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton has a title that, of course, I adore. So, basically what I'm saying is, Stop it. She's fabulous! So when I was putting together the idea for Eleven Questions to celebrate the release month of Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart, of course, I went straight to Miranda, who I knew would have opinions on all of these *very important* topics!
Sure enough, she replied with this: "Wah!! I don't want to choose. I want everything. (Tantrum)"
But she was a trooper...and ultimately did the work...and made her choices. Sort of.
1) Alpha or Beta? I love a Beta who discovers his inner Alpha. Or vice versa. (That's having my cake and eating it too, heh heh)
2) Virgin Widow or Secret Baby? I suppose I really can't have both this time. Secret Baby. I'm absolutely dying to write one. Or Virgin Widower.
3) Time Travel or Futuristic? Time Travel. I love seeing modern characters confronted with the realities of ye olde plumbing.
4) Hot as Sin or Cold as Ice? Hot, hot, hot. Sin, sin, sin.
5) Spinster or First Season Out? Spinster
6) England or Anywhere but? England. But about a quarter of my WIP is set in … oh horrors, don't tell my editor …. France.
7) Vampire or Shape Shifter? Shape Shifter. I love me some furries.
8) Small town or Big city? I want to read the story of the woman who, tired of the gossip and artificiality of her small town, finds a sense of community and a hunky advertising executive among the wacky inhabitants of the Upper West Side of Manhattan. (Sarah's note: I, also would like to read this story. Someone get writing!)
9) Wallflower or Belle of the Ball? That's a tough one. I'm feeling ornery this morning so I'm going for Belle of the Ball.
10) Unrequited love or love at first sight? Unrequited love.
11) Miranda's choice! Answer her question in comments for a chance to win a copy of The Wild Marquis, the first book in the Burgundy Club Series! I'm preparing a proposal and I need help with my next heroine. Shady Widowed Adventuress or Duke's Daughter with a Bad Reputation? Which would you rather read?
Oooh...I love me a heroine with a terrible reputation...but I admit to being intrigued by "Shady Adventuress"...tough one! Answer Miranda in comments, and we'll choose one lucky commenter on Friday to win a copy of her book!