I was incredibly lucky to release my YA debut, The Season, as a member of the 2009 Debutantes, in no small part because the Debs introduced me to the fabulous New York Times Bestseller Aprilynne Pike! Aprilynne's Wings, the first in a series, was one of the top YA books of 2009, and the sequel, Spells, due out in May, takes the awesome to the next level!
I am so happy that Aprilynne was willing to take some time to do a Nine Rules post to celebrate the release of Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake...and I'm even more happy that her Nine Rules relate to the incredible world of Laurel, the main character of the Wings series. You see...in Aprilynne's world, Faeries are highly evolved plants. Which makes it tough to masquerade as a human teenager. So, if you're anything like Laurel, you need these rules!
Nine Rules to Surviving Human High School as a Faerie
1. Don't eat the cafeteria food; it'll kill you. Literally.
2. Take PE. You may think you hate it, but it's outside. It'll be your favorite class of the day.
3. Attempt to blend in. Yes, even the clunky shoes.
4. Pay attention in Chemistry--please don't blow up the school. It is a definite possibility for you.
5. Lie. In so many small ways. Get used to it; it's for everyone's good.
6. Don't kiss anyone who doesn't know what you are. They will have . . . questions.
7. Do not participate in the blood-typing lab. Trust me.
8. Make nice with the future valedictorian. It will pay off in more ways than academically.
9. Don't wear sunscreen.
There's time before Spells's May release to get caught up on the Wings series...comment below with your very favorite flower and one lucky commenter (selected on Monday) will win a copy of Wings!
ETA: Congrats to Emily! Thanks to all for playing!
Stay tuned for the rest of the month--and a dozen more Authors Rule(s) posts from an awesome range of authors! To read more of Authors Rule(s), please click here!