I know. I know it's early -- I mean, it was just Halloween. But I swear I have a good reason for putting Holidays in the headline for this post. I'll get there. :)
First things first!
Three weeks from today, Temple's book arrives! No Good Duke Goes Unpunished, the Third Rule of Scoundrels, will be out in the world and ready for you to read! Now, aside from the fact that the book itself is particularly special to me -- Temple is a Gentle Giant who deserves love more than most -- I'm so excited about this book because it reveals a secret I've kept for more than a year, and for three books.
Readers of No Good Duke will learn Chase's secret.
The deep, dark secret that would ruin Chase, The Angel and all my scoundrels if it got out.
The deep, dark secret that no one (except for a very small band of merry men and women at Avon/HarperCollins) knows, because the bit of Temple's book that reveals the secret was redacted from all early versions of the book. No reviewers know it. No early readers know it.
Everyone who reads the book when it's released on November 26th will learn Chase's secret together. And then, there will be spoilers. So watch out. :)
BUT! You can preorder No Good Duke for delivery on the 26th from all sorts of wonderful places! Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books a Million, and your local indie all have it ready for preorder...or you can always get it for your Kindle or Nook!
What's more...you can also order signed or personalized copies of the book (or any of my books) online from my local indie: WORD Bookstore in Brooklyn. To sweeten the preordering pot, WORD is giving away free decks of No Good Duke Goes Unpunished playing cards to the first 500 people who preorder a signed copy of the book from them...all books will be shipped in time for release day, so you won't have to wait for your copy!
Ok...Now that that bit is done...the holidays.
As you may know, every year, WORD also does special holiday gift-giving signing extravaganza for me -- readers can order autographed copies of any of my books direct from them!
Here's how it works:
- You click here or call WORD at 718-383-0096 and select the books you'd like me to sign: The Season, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord, Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart or A Rogue By Any Other Name, One Good Earl Deserves a Lover, or No Good Duke Goes Unpunished.
- You fill in the form, and include the message you'd like... for example: For Maggie, Merry Christmas! Sarah MacLean, or To Christine, The person who bought this book for you is the best! Sarah MacLean, or simply Sarah MacLean, or whatever else you'd like me to write.
- The staff at WORD calls me.
- I pop in in early December, sign the books, and add special bookmarks, postcards and other fun printed goodies to your package like the gift giving fairy I am!
- They ship the books to you.
- You win the award for Best. Gift. Ever. (Well, except for new cars, diamonds and the like.)
Most years, I don't even bring this up until early December. I mean, who is thinking about Christmas on November 5th? But this year, something is different. You see, I need to do all my signing of holiday books early this year, because...well...I've been epilogued.
That's right, I'm having a baby, due mid-December, right when I would usually be heading to WORD to sign books for you, you little elf! So...if you would like these holiday gifts this year...you'll need to order them earlier. Say...sometime in November? And I'll head in in early December to make sure your books get signed.
Then, I'll have a baby. She'll wait for me to finish signing. I'm sure of it.
If she doesn't...think of the story you'll have to tell your friends!