When I hear the first whispers about Tiffany Clare's The Surrender of a Lady, I got really excited. See, I spent much of the early years of my romance novel obsessions reading Harem Romances. The Skye O'Malley books, Johanna Lindsey's Silver Angel, ...when Loretta Chase tackled the Harem theme with her Don't Tempt Me last year, I was in heaven.
And then Tiffany burst onto the scene with a debut harem romance that , and all was right with the world. I don't know if it's because of the setting (far from the ton and its well-known rules) or the mysterious, intriguing, danger of the Harem world, but I was ready for a new writer who would take a big risk and give me a harem romance that I could really sink my teeth into. And omg does Tiffany deliver!
I'm so happy to host Tiffany as part of the release month celebration of Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord!Let's face it, everyone has to surrender at one point or another...and sometimes the surrender is the fun part! Have trouble with this idea? Tiffany is here to help!
Tiffany Clare's Ten Ways to Surrender
1. Surrender to the Brazilian Wax (or Rusma scraping), you will love it after the initial sting, I totally promise;-) And if you don't, your man totally will :)
2. Surrender to new customs to live life more freely and differently. You might as well try something new if you are going to enjoy life to the fullest.
3. Surrender to the Harem life. Forget corsets and waltzes and London ballrooms. Instead imagine sexy, sheer harem garb with jewelery galore and bangles and bells for you ankles and wrists.
4. Surrender to your master/owner. A sex slave has but one thing to barter with, and politics can be played with those assets.
5. Surrender to your desires.
6. There is a time when you have to surrender to the man you love.
7. Surrender when the battle is lost, kismet has a way of making things work in the end.
8. I might caution that there are some things you should not surrender to. Do not surrender your child. Ever.
9. Do not surrender when drugged and abducted – refer back to (8)
10. When you find love, hold on to it with all your might and tell your master/owner to go to hell. You have to be your own woman at some point.
Thanks so much for coming over to play, Tiffany, and congrats on the fabulous debut!
I've confessed my weakness for Harem Romances...what's your pop culture weakness? Reality TV? Shoot-em-up movies? Secret Baby romances? (Or maybe these are all my weaknesses, too?) Confess in comments, and one commenter will win a copy of Tiffany's book! Winner will be chosen on Monday! **Don't forget to share your email address with us so we can reach you if you win!
Stay tuned all this and next month for fabulous prizes and awesome Ten Ways posts from an incredible range of authors! And don't forget to read more Authors Rule(s)!