There are some very cool things about Melissa Walker, namely: she's super fun, she writes great books, and she lives around the corner from me. This results in an electric combination that usually makes for a fabulous 6pm writing break in our favorite restaurant on the block...during which we right the wrongs of the world over wine and these little tartine thingies that make me oh, so, happy.
So, of course, when I decided to host a celebration here for the release of Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord, I asked Melissa to come over and celebrate with me! And I'm so so happy that she did, because I love Melissa's doses of Pop Culture awesome (she finds the coolest stuff!)...and now you're getting one (to get them more regularly, read her newsletter I Heart Daily, or sign up for daily emails from the I Heart Daily team!)
Ten Ways to Entertain Yourself, Pop Culture Style
1. Caitlynn and Tyler on MTV’s Teen Mom. I swoon for this couple of stellar teenagers who have more heart that most adults I know. Watch!
2. http://imremembering.com/. Just go.
3. Kermit puppets do “Under Pressure.”
4. The Twilight hand model carries an apple in her purse to pose for photos. Not kidding.
5. Stop and draw the flowers. It’s worth your time.
6. New favorite twitter follow: @kanyejordan (adds "Liz Lemon" to the front of Kanye West's tweets and makes it sound Tracy Jordan-esque). Ha!
7. The Goonies 25th Anniversary DVD. “Goonies never say die!”
8. Fashion + a daily cast of Nerd Boyfriends = Love.
9. Ann M. Martin writes a prequel to The Babysitter’s Club series—genius!
10. Back to the Future 25th Anniversary trilogy DVD set. (Was 1985 a good year for movies or what?!)
Thanks for coming over to hang out, Melissa!
Melissa is the author of the Violet books (Violet on the Runway, Violet in Private and Violet By Design) and Lovestruck Summer, and her next book (which I have read and is AMAZING), Small Town Sinners, is out in the Summer!
I've got a copy of Lovestruck Summer here for one lucky winner! Recommend one thing from our pop-culture annals to Melissa and me, and we'll choose a winner on Wednesday to win the book! **Don't forget to share your email address with us so we can reach you if you win!
Stay tuned all this month for fabulous prizes and awesome Ten Ways posts from an incredible range of authors! And don't forget to read more Authors Rule(s)!