When I started writing for Avon, I would call my sister, who is largely responsible for my love of romance novels, and squee whenever I met one of our favorite writers.
When I met Lorraine Heath, there was much squeeing. Much. Much. Squeeing. She's fabulous. Her books are fabulous (In Bed With The Devil and Between the Devil and Desire have permanent places on my keeper shelf and my bedside table). And I still pinch myself every time I see my name near hers on Avon lists or, say the RT Historical Romance of the Year List!
This month, I'm so excited, because Avon is releasing not one but two Lorraine Heath novels! The first, Passions of a Wicked Earl is out now, and the next, Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman is out at the end of the month and I. Can't. Wait!
Passions of a Wicked Earl is the story of a young bride who makes a mistake, and ultimately has to do everything she can to win back her husband.
Lorraine has given us a little taste of the awesome inside this book with the following Ten Ways to Woo Your Husband!
1. Don’t remain at the country estate where he has exiled you.
2. When having your portrait done with him, wear something provocative so he can’t take his eyes off you.
3. Constantly rearrange the furniture in the middle of the night, when the servants are already abed, so he is forced to assist you if wishes to find any peace so he can sleep.
4. At the ball, dance with a handsome duke to make your husband jealous. (Make sure, however, that the duke is your ally and wants to taunt his brother into claiming you as his wife.)
5. Hint that you have a ticklish spot, then dash away with a laugh that dares him to try to find it.
6. Toss whiskey on him. When he returns the insult, invite him to sip the whiskey from your skin.
7. Brazenly ask him to kiss you.
8. Don’t be afraid to let him know that you yearn for his touch.
10. Fill his boring, staid life with laughter and love.
I love. These rules.
I have one copy of Passions of a Wicked Earl to give away! Tell us the way you wooed your love or, if you haven't wooed a love yet, tell us the trick you've got up your sleeve to woo him when he shows up! We'll choose a winner on Friday... **Don't forget to share your email address with us so we can reach you if you win!
Stay tuned all this and next month for fabulous prizes and awesome Ten Ways posts from an incredible range of authors! And don't forget to read more Authors Rule(s)!