Today, Lila DiPasqua is here on the blog, talking about her super sexy "Fiery Tales" series--collections of fairy tale-inspired novellas! Lila's Awakened By a Kiss and The Princess in His Bed are historical hotness at its finest! Thanks for coming over to celebrate the release of Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord, Lila!
When I landed a contract with Penguin Berkley to write fairy tale retellings with my own sexy twists I was over the moon! I took my love of fairy tales, historical romance and passionate love stories, and blended them into steamy fairy tale retellings in Awakened By A Kiss and my newest release, The Princess In His Bed—the first two books in my Fiery Tales series!
Now, I know what you’re thinking: I grew up reading fairy tales, Lila. Will I like your version of Fiery Tales?
Here are ten reasons why I think you just might:
1. There are three hot historical bad boys who will seduce the objects of their desires in each book. Repeatedly. *winks*
2. There are three smart heroines who will make these gorgeous men lose their hearts.
3. In The Marquis’ New Clothes, (from THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED) the hero does not walk down the street naked while people snicker.
4. When our hero, Adam de Vey is naked, he’s quite impressive to behold. There is nothing on his muscled body to snicker at.
5. If you’ve been in a fire and have scars on your body, (Emilie from The Lovely Ducking in THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED) spike the hero’s interest by boldly writing him letters asking him to explain sex and seduction.
6. Princess Gabrielle can’t sleep at night. (The Princess and the Diamonds from THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED) There is something hard in her bed. Not just the stolen diamonds tucked under her mattress, but the handsome Marquis on it. No peas stuffed under this Princess’s mattress!
7. Sleeping Beauty has the tables turned on him in Sleeping Beau when he is awakened by a luscious kiss. (in AWAKENED BY A KISS)
8. Nicknamed “Le Loup” the wolf, Nicolas is indeed a wolf in sheep’s clothing as he secretly works for the Crown. (Little Red Writing from AWAKENED BY A KISS) He never expected that his suspect would turn out to be his sexual soul mate.
9. Elisabeth (Bewitching in Boots from AWAKENED BY A KISS) is the King’s favorite daughter and a woman used to getting what she wants. And she wants the Captain of the King’s private Guard, tall, dark and oh so handsome, Tristan. The problem is, he hates her. She intends to rely on wit,
seduction…oh and her lucky boots in order to have him!
10. These books are set in the very decadent, elegant and most wicked time when the genre of fairy tales was born! Dare to step into my Fiery Tales world? You just may be swept up…and scandalized.
Thanks for having me, Sarah!
And one lucky commenter will win a signed copy of AWAKENED BY A KISS or THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED---winner’s choice! To enter, comment below with your favorite fairy tale! We'll choose a winner on Wednesday, just in time for US Thanksgiving! **Don't forget to leave your email so we can get in touch with you!