After the last sentence of Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord, there is an incredible, special teaser of Kathryn Caskie's The Duke's Night of Sin, the third book in Kathryn's awesome Seven Deadly Sins series!
I was so thrilled that The Duke's Night of Sin was teased in Ten Ways, in part because I got to read that first chapter (which is YUMMY) ages ago! We'll leave aside the fact that then I had to WAIT forEVER to read the actual book!
To celebrate the launch of both our books...and the holiday season...Kathryn is here on the blog, talking about holiday gifts! These are fabulous ideas...I might have used several of them to cross off people on my list!
1.. Ultra unusual flashies for your writer friend, business bud, or the environment conscious student in your family. How green are these USB 2.0 flash drives (right)? Each comes tucked inside a real reclaimed tree branch. They can even be laser-engraved. Promokeychains.com
2. Sought-after tickets. Tickets to sporting events, musicals, holiday events or plays. Remember, the tickets aren’t necessarily for you. They’re for your special someone’s enjoyment. Don’t worry, your gesture will be appreciated big time.
3. Paper Jamz, for kids of all ages. I’ve already bought for my nephew. Become an instant rock star with Paper Jamz! No musical ability required. Play like a pro just by touching the Paper Jamz guitar’s fret and strumming the strings image. Series 1 guitars feature six jammin’ guitars, each with three hit songs built in to play along with in Perfect Play and Rhythm modes. Then, go to the Solo switch to Freestyle mode to play real chords and create your own songs. Rock on!
5. Something homemade (even if you didn’t make it!). I love Etsy. You can find some many unique, handcrafted jewels there. I simply adore these super soft hand-felted slippers by Pawfelts.
6. Experiences. Cooking classes, golf lessons, sailing, wine tasting classes. The gift of doing something together is one of the best you can give and receive. I have had a lot of luck finding unique experiences on Groupon.com. My husband got to drive a NASCAR, my daughters went on an overnight ghost hunt with paranormal investigators in Harpers Ferry. Check out the site for 50%- 90% Groupon discounts offerings for your area.
7. Charity. Make a donation in your friend or loved one’s name to a charity they support. Since my children were small we have donated a hive of bees, a goat and a flock of chicks, etc. through Heifer International. For as little as $10 you can change lives by providing training and livestock that can make families self-reliant.
8. Rosemary holiday tree. Is there someone in your life who would love a tree in the house making everything smell so fragrant and festive but doesn’t have the room or the ability to go out and choose one? This small (around 3 ft.) tree that ships straight to the door is just the answer (right)! And, when the holidays are over, just snip a bit to use in chicken dishes or soups. Solutions.
9. What do you get Dad, Grandpa or your favorite uncle? Well, if you want to be practical, they’d probably enjoy the utility of these Gluttony pants after a filling holiday meal. Concealed fully adjustable waist, with a built-in napkin, but who would know? Betabrand.com.
10. Send a smile everyday. I love the idea of this gift. A decorative jar filled with beautiful tiny envelopes with sentiments written by you (or, if you wish, you can choose from a variety pre-written messages.) Each day, or whenever a smile is needed, your loved one, student, grandmother, new mother, etc. can take open an envelope a get a special message from you. Very touching gift, especially for someone who can’t be with you for the holidays. KindNotes.com
Holiday Bonus~ The Duke’s Night of Sin hits stores November 30th! Great gift for the romance lover on your list (and you.) If you send a SASE business size envelope to Caskie Book Plates, PO Box 342, Waterford, VA, 20197, Kathryn will send you up to two signed bookplates for books. Limited availability, so hurry, hurry!
And...Kathy is generously offering up three sets of the first two books in the Seven Deadly Sins series to three separate winners! Woo-hoo! Tell us the best gift you ever received...fun, funny, useful or just plain special...we'll choose a winner (USA only, sorry!) on Friday... **Don't forget to share your email address with us so we can reach you if you win!
Stay tuned all this and next month for fabulous prizes and awesome Ten Ways posts from an incredible range of authors! And don't forget to read more Authors Rule(s)!