It's unofficial Scotland week here at MacLeanSpace... completely unplanned, I scheduled Donna Fletcher and the fabulous Karen Ranney within days of each other...which is a gift to you, and all others who love their men brawny and kilted!
It seems appropriate, though, as the weather is just turning cool here in New York, and a warm
man--*a-hem*--by which I mean, of course, a warm plaid would be more than welcome. And Karen's most recent book, A Highland Duchess is exactly the kind of romance that keeps you warm on an autumn night!
I'm so thrilled to have Karen on the blog to celebrate the release of Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord...I've been reading her books since she started writing--there's just something about that rollicking Scottish Romance that makes me all warm and fuzzy...and Karen must feel the same way (after all, her blog is called Warm Fuzzies)!
Ten Ways to Tell You’re in Scotland
1. You see lot and lots of tartan (especially in shops that cater to tourists).
2. You hear bagpipes and drums a lot.
3. People want you to try haggis.
4. You’re in Glasgow, but you can’t understand a word anyone says.
5. You have an incredible urge to go salmon fishing or play golf.
6. You look for a kilted man on every corner and when – thank your lucky stars! – you see one, you just stop and stare in appreciation.
7. You want to weep whenever you see a castle.
8. You have the curious urge to start talking brogue because you’re beginning to feel a little Scottish yourself.
9. You find yourself smiling often.
10. You really don’t want to leave – or you count the days until you can return.
One lucky commenter will win a copy of Karen's A Highland Duchess! This post has put me in the mood for traveling and romance...It's been ten years since I was in Scotland last, and I must say "When are we going to Scotland?" to my husband at least once a week!
So...how about this? In comments, tell us the place in the world you'd love to go (or return to) with your sweetheart...and we'll choose one winner on Friday evening! **Don't forget to share your email address with us so we can reach you if you win!
Stay tuned all this and next month for fabulous prizes and awesome Ten Ways posts from an incredible range of authors! And don't forget to read more Authors Rule(s)!