I make it no secret that I'm basically in love with the idea of giving books as gifts. As it stands, I'm giving books to everyone in my life--each hand selected with love. Books are personal. They represent a passion for learning and knowledge and imagination and worlds far beyond our own. And I think they represent a special connection between giver and receiver.
That said, I'm also a big believer in putting books on my wish list. There are about 12,000 books that I want, they're easy to buy, and way less expensive than a Vespa (which is really what I want for Christmas), and so my Christmas wish list is filled with books. And if they're signed by the author, even better!
While chatting with the fabulous ladies at my local indie bookstore, WORD Brooklyn, we came up with the very cool (I think) idea that readers could order autographed copies of my books direct from them!
Here's how it works:
1. You click here or call WORD at 718-383-0096 and select the books you'd like me to sign: The Season, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, or Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (you could also preorder Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart as well, and I'll send you signed goodies to stick in someone's stocking to say their gift is coming in April!)
2. You fill in the form, and include the message you'd like... for example: For Maggie, Merry Christmas! Sarah MacLean, or To Christine, The person who bought this book for you is the best! Sarah MacLean, or simply Sarah MacLean, or whatever else you'd like me to write.
3. The staff at WORD calls me.
4. I pop in sometime before December 18th, sign the books, and add special bookmarks, postcards and other fun printed goodies to your package like the gift giving fairy I am!
5. They ship the books to you.
6. You win the award for Best. Gift. Ever.
"But Sarah," I hear you saying, "What if I just want the book for myself?"
Never fear! I also wholeheartedly endorse self-gifting during the holiday season! I'd love to sign a book just for you...and I'm sure the team at WORD would love to ship it to you!
Questions? Comments? General holiday glee? Comment below and I'll happily respond!